Justice of the Peace
The Justice of the Peace volunteers are authorised to witness and attest many documents such as:
- Certify copies of original documents
- Statutory Declarations
- Witness the signing of Power of Attorney and Guardianship documents (Providing the JP is satisfied with the capability of the signatory)
To support the health and safety of both you and the volunteer, please;
- Bring your own pen.
- Limit interactions to no more than 15 minutes.
- Maintain 1.5m distance while waiting in line.
- Use sanitiser before and after handling documents.
- Wait at signage until called.
Our Federal Minister office also has a JP onsite is available 9am – 12pm Monday to Thursday.
If you are interested in being a volunteer JP or if you require a JP urgently please contact the JP hotline 1300 301 147 or visit www.qld.gov.au/findjp
*JP’s are not available on public holidays.
Justice of the Peace desk is located near Kmart.